Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

My First Barbie (1980)


I picked up this 1980 My First Barbie for very cheap, and yesterday I cleaned her up.  I wasn't thinking much about it, I just washed her hair and her face.  However, I was so surprised!  She looked pretty she looked when she was finished.


For what it's worth, 1980 My First Barbie really was MY first Barbie.  These dolls are so nice, because they are easy to dress and have such a pretty, young-looking face.  That verry late 1970s, fresh-faced look... before the heavy makeup of the 1980s took hold.  They have very nice, long hair that stays soft.  There's enough there for a little girl to braid or put in a ponytaill.

One note, she was advertised as being "easy to dress" and overall, she is...she has legs and arms that are slick hard plastic, so clothes go on easily.  Her legs don't bend, and her arms only go up and down and not sideways.  So, yes, very easy!  But... that swimsuit.. it is so difficult to figure out how to put on the doll.  I had to look at tons of pictures online just to get her dressed, and I still don't think I have it tied correctly.  I remember playing with this doll as a child so maybe I had more sense then than I do now.

Anyway, picking up this "junky" My First Barbie has made me want a "new in box" one, even though I still have mine from when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment